Tuesday, June 19, 2012

links I like - 06-19-12

links I like - 06-19-12


I was on vacation last week, so I didn't get to read as much as I normally do, (and thus don't have as many interesting links for you), but I did find these and think they were worth sharing..

The Tiny Guide to Being a Great Dad, via Leo Babauta's Zen Habits. With Father's Day being a couple days ago, I thought this was a really good read.

Don't Get Boxed In. The Trappings of Modern Society Are Driving You Crazy, by David Csonka at the Naturally Engineered blog. An original take on all the different "boxes" we have throughout our life (and into our death), with some how's and why's to get out of the box.

Financial Advice for a Five-Year-Old, by J.D. Roth on the Get Rich Slowly blog. I have an 8-yr old (and an almost 13-yr old), and I still struggle with allowance - saving, rewarding patience, what is ok to spend on vs save for, etc. I also think the discipline and long-term view of managing personal finances is very similar to that of health and fitness, and starting young can only help (as can setting a good example!)

That's all for this week - enjoy.

-Chris Butterworth

.

No comments:

Post a Comment