Tuesday, July 10, 2012

links I like - 07-10-12

links I like - 07-10-12


Here are a few articles I read this week that I thought were worth sharing. Please enjoy..

Leadership Lessons from Dwight D. Eisenhower #3: How to Make an Important Decision, via the Art of Manliness blog. A great behind-the-scenes story of the events leading up to the D-Day Invasion of Normandy. The circumstances and decisions President Eisenhower had to make are not for the faint of heart.

Evernote - Hidden Secrets of a Real Estate Power User, by Chris Butterworth on the PhoenixRealEstateGuy site. I had a chance to write a guest post about using Evernote more effectively..

Work the Plan, by Chris Brogan. I wrote "results achieved thanks to the process" awhile ago, and it's probably not a coincidence how often I'm finding other successful people sharing the same view. If you want to get something done, just do it. But if you want to have long-term success, you need to make a good plan and then execute that plan day in and day out. And if you miss a day, get back on the plan tomorrow.

How Much Do Football Wins Pay Off for a College?, via the Freakonomics blog. Another study, another positive result that a winning football program brings in additional money and raises the academic standard for a university. So, here's to Rich Rodriguez having lots of success at Arizona!

Primal Road Trip: Tips and Tricks for Staying Healthy While Traveling, a guest post from Steve Kamb on Mark's Daily Apple. I'm not fully "primal", and I'm not a strict Paleo Diet eater, but this post has some great ideas for staying ahead of the game on your summer vacations and road trips - definitely worth a read.

Happy Reading.

-Chris Butterworth

.

No comments:

Post a Comment