Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fit-20 Workout 08-28-12

Fit-20 Workout 08-28-12


I haven't posted a Fit-20 workout in about a month, but I have had a few people ask if I actually do these workouts (or a variation of that question.)


For those of you new to the Fitness Gazette site, Fit-20 Workouts are workouts designed to give you a full-body workout, muscles and cardio, in about 20 minutes, using little or no gym equipment. Ideally you can squeeze a workout in before work, or at lunch, without squeezing your family out of the picture. Click here to see a list of past Fit-20 Workouts.

Personally, sometimes I workout using equipment which isn't readily available (swimming in a pool, or my favorite piece of equipment ever), and other times I workout for longer than 20 minutes. But in cases where I do a Fit-20 style workout, it makes sense to go ahead and share it. Yesterday's was a good one:

Workout

Warm up first. 3-5 minutes of whatever gets you ready to go. Then:

4 Rounds, for time, of:
  • 8 Dips
  • 10 Dumbbell Thrusters (I used 20lb DBs)
  • 5 Change-grip Pull-ups. (Do a pull-up. While you're "up", move your hands to a different position. Lower down and do a pull-up from the new position. Repeat.)
  • 8 Push-ups
  • 10 Sit-ups
  • 2 Sprints of 30 seconds - (On a treadmill, I ran 30 seconds each at Level 7, Level 10, Level 7, Level 10.)

I forgot to hit my stopwatch when I started, but I finished in about 25 minutes, maybe a tad longer.

Hope you enjoy it!

-Chris Butterworth

.

No comments:

Post a Comment