image credit: fitsational.com
It was a Kettlebell day, and it was an awesome workout.
For those of you new to the Fitness Gazette site, Fit-20 Workouts are workouts designed to give you a full-body workout, muscles and cardio, in about 20 minutes, using little or no gym equipment. Ideally you can squeeze a workout in before work, or at lunch, without squeezing your family out of the picture. Click here to see a list of past Fit-20 Workouts.
Set a repeating timer for 25 seconds, then do:
- Kettlebell Swings (2-handed, or alternating one-handed)
- Cleans - right hand
- Cleans - left hand
- Figure 8
- Squat to Press - right hand (from the clean position, do 2 squats, then do 2 presses. repeat.)
- Squat to Press - left hand
- Curls - holding it "upside-down", with the KB facing outward away from your body (2-handed is ok if you can't do it with a single hand)
- Lunges - hold KB in the "up" position from finishing a curl, and do lunges, alternating legs.
- Burpees (if you can't do 25 seconds' worth of Burpees, substitute Mountain Jumpers or Mountain Climbers)
Repeat for 4 cycles
Whew! 8 Exercises, 25 seconds each, for 18 minutes. Doesn't sound too hard when I read it, but that's a tough workout!