Fit-20 Workout - Kettlebell with Stairs
Last night I was going to workout upstairs, but my kettlebell was downstairs. As I carried the kettlebell up the stairs, I had an idea for a new workout...
For those of you new to the Fitness Gazette site, Fit-20 Workouts are workouts designed to give you a full-body workout, muscles and cardio, in about 20 minutes, using little or no gym equipment. Ideally you can squeeze a workout in before work, or at lunch, without squeezing your family out of the picture. Click here to see a list of past Fit-20 Workouts.
- Stairs. Carry the kettlebell up and back down a flight of stairs. Alternate which hand holds the kettlebell each trip. (Easier - alternate going up or down, not both, between each exercise; Advanced - up and down twice between each exercise, once with your right hand holding the kettlebell and once with your left.)
- 2-handed Kettlebell Swings - 18. (Easier, do 12; Advanced, do 25)
- Kettlebell Cleans - 12 Each Hand. (Easier - 8; Advanced - 16)
- Kettlebell Snatch - 12 Each Hand. (Easier - 8; Advanced - 16)
- Repeat for 4 cycles
- Time yourself. Your goal the next time you do this workout should be to beat your time, and/or to do more repetitions of each exercise.
To your fitness,